Re: [buckminster-dev] component binding

> I found that the DefaultBinderService will bind my components as an
> ExternalBinding as the "unknown" component type returns false on
> hasProjectDescription(). Yet Buckminster creates a .project file for
> my component. Setting a breakpoint just before the bind phase
> (MaterializeAndBindJob line 96) I found that the .project file had
> already been created. Just as if I'd done a "Checkout as Project"
> using the "CVS Repository Exploring" perspective. Is this unexpected
> behavior?

I should also mention that Buckminster logs the following event to the
workspace's .metadata/.log file:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.buckminster.core 4 0 2006-01-19 13:15:10.707
!MESSAGE External binding collides with existing project

I found this matching piece of code in
DefaultBinderService#createExternalBinding(...):

if(numSegments == 1 || !project.equals(buckminsterProject))
	throw new BuckminsterException("External binding collides with
existing project");

--knut

Back to the top