Re: [buckminster-dev] component binding

Hi Thomas,

On 1/18/06, Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Knut,
>
> Knut Wannheden wrote:
> > When Buckminster materializes and binds my components it creates them
> > as new Eclipse projects in my Eclipse workspace. I don't have a
> > .project file for my component so Buckminster also goes ahead and
> > creates that. Although it doesn't add any natures to that .project
> > file. How would I get it to do that? I'd like to add the natures which
> > I've registered my cspec builder with.
> Buckminster uses the following code to create an IProjectDescriptor:
> (lines 178 to 180 in DefaultBinderService.java)
>
>             // Apparently this is not an Eclipse project (yet)
>             //
>             description =
> workspace.newProjectDescription(projectBinding.getName());
>
> some lines down you'll find the code:
>
>         if(!project.exists())
>             project.create(description, new SubProgressMonitor(monitor,
> IProgressMonitor.UNKNOWN));
>
> If you want logic that add natures (or make other changes to the
> descriptor), it must do it in between those two places. Use the method
> setNatureIds(String[]) on the descriptor.

Yes, I found that piece of code. I was however hoping that I could
achieve this without having to change the Buckminster code.

Does what I'm trying to do even sound reasonable? Or should I really
store the .project file with my components or can you think of a
better way to do this?

Regards,

--knut

Back to the top