Re: [buckminster-dev] component binding

Knut,
Your idea of a specific way of binding projects and automatically generate the .project file (and possibly other artifacts such as .classpath) cannot be implemented without changing buckminster code. You need to add an extension point where "binders" can be plugged in. A default binder that does what is done today (around the lines that I pointed out) must be present and your binder must a pluggable replacement for that.

I think it all makes perfect sense, but it needs to be done right. It cannot be a hack on the side :-)

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Knut Wannheden wrote:
Yes, I found that piece of code. I was however hoping that I could
achieve this without having to change the Buckminster code.

Does what I'm trying to do even sound reasonable? Or should I really
store the .project file with my components or can you think of a
better way to do this?

Regards,

--knut