Re: [buckminster-dev] component binding

Ken,

On 1/18/06, Kenneth Ölwing <kenneth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Does what I'm trying to do even sound reasonable? Or should I really
> >store the .project file with my components or can you think of a
> >better way to do this?
>
> Hi Knut,
>
> Maybe there's something I'm missing, but if it *is* an Eclipse project of
> some sort (which it *must* be if you're concerned about project natures)
> then the .project file is *integral* to the project - and hence it should be
> stored as part of the component :-).
>
> Or have I misunderstood your use case here...?

Once my component are materialized and bound they are of course proper
Eclipse projects. In the CVS repository we however don't store this
.project file. Instead we have a custom descriptor (comparable to a
Maven POM file). I then use a custom component type and cspec builder
to make Buckminster "understand" this descriptor. If I however want to
reuse any already materialized components in my workspace | thought
they need a project nature to again match up with my cspec builder.

I hope that description makes more sense.

Regards,

--knut

Back to the top