Re: [buckminster-dev] component binding

Thomas,

On 1/18/06, Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Knut,
> Your idea of a specific way of binding projects and automatically
> generate the .project file (and possibly other artifacts such as
> .classpath) cannot be implemented without changing buckminster code. You
> need to add an extension point where "binders" can be plugged in. A
> default binder that does what is done today (around the lines that I
> pointed out) must be present and your binder must a pluggable
> replacement for that.
>
> I think it all makes perfect sense, but it needs to be done right. It
> cannot be a hack on the side :-)

Now this starts to sound a lot like the discussion we had in december.
Already then you suggested adding a "binders" extension point. I
didn't remember that until just now. Sorry about that. My problem now
seems to be yet another, slightly different, usecase for this
"binders" extension point.

I'll add a Bugzilla entry, as you already suggested in december.

Regards,

--knut

Back to the top