Re: [buckminster-dev] component binding

One thing is important to remeber. Buckminster does not stipulate that a component needs to be a project, nor that it must become one when it is materialized. Some artifacts are never bound at all. All artifacts are however known to Buckminster (i.e. stored in meta-data) once they are successfully materialized. The methods that you mention does not only apply to projects. They can also be used on artifacts that are materialized but not projects as such. Buckminster will normally put such artifacts under the umbrella project ".buckminster" so that they can be accessed using the Eclipse navigator. Perhaps what you are trying to achieve here is simply a non-project construction?

Buckminster will only use the natures to determine the CSpecPacking builder when the component in question indeed is an eclipse project component.

- thomas

Knut Wannheden wrote:
Ken,