Re: [buckminster-dev] component binding

Ken,

On 1/18/06, Kenneth Ölwing <kenneth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Now this starts to sound a lot like the discussion we had in december.
> >Already then you suggested adding a "binders" extension point. I
> >didn't remember that until just now. Sorry about that. My problem now
> >seems to be yet another, slightly different, usecase for this
> >"binders" extension point.
>
> Is the sole reason for attaching a nature to the project so that you
> possibly can recognize it later? If so, perhaps you somehow could instead
> make use of the metadata instead (through IWorkspaceInfo in core)?

The reason is that I'd like Buckminster to recognize the components
later. When I run a component query Buckminster seems to check whether
any of the required components already exist in the workspace
(ResourceMap#getCSpecPacking(NodeQuery)). If they do it will look up
the cspec builder using the project's list of natures
(CorePlugin#getCSpecPackingBuilder(String[])). So I don't see how I
could use metadata instead.

--knut

Back to the top