From: wtp-incubator-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wtp-incubator-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Satchwell
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 4:19 AM
To: WTP Incubator Dev list
Subject: Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] More on XSL Graduation ...

As you probably guessed I'm no authority on Eclipse process!

I was mainly alluding to the fact that to have an XML project we would need
all of the XML code in it, and that means getting the current maintainers of
the XML related plugins (*.xml, *.xsd and *.dtd) to agree that they will
(eventually) move their code into that project. There is also the question
of who leads the project, as with all that code it ought to have someone
full-time. Its not my day job to lead the XSL Tools project (though I would
enjoy that - so I'm open to offers ;-), and I don't think Dave spends 100%
of his day on it either (thats right Dave?). These things may take some time
sort out, but I appreciate we don't need to do them immediately.

Now, the first part of Konstantin's plan towards creating a new XML project
is to make XSL Tools a proper WTP sub-project. I'm fine with that as long as
it does not jeopardise the adoption of the code into the Eclipse 3.5
packages. If it does jeopardise that, then I'd much rather carry on as we
are and just graduate into Source Editing. We can then move the XSL Tools
code into the XML project at the same time as all the XML related plugins
are moved.

My main aim is to ensure that XSL Tools gets into this year's packages,
otherwise its going to be another whole year before XSL Tools sees the light
of day, and that would be a real shame because we've all worked hard to get
to where we are now.

Doug