Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] More on XSL Graduation ...

> I too think that having an XML Tools project is a good idea. However, it would be really quite a massive >undertaking - it would need to be discussed as some sort of high-level strategic review for Eclipse. I'm not >saying it can't be done, its just going to take a lot of time and careful consideration. Its not going to happen any >time soon.

A strategic review of Eclipse is a big ticket item that could not
be started with the creation of a project that is limited to the
creation of XML Tools.

It's usually the other way around - Eclipse made a stratagic
decision to go after runtimes, ergo it constructed the the
RT project.

I'm strongly in favo[u]r of an XML Tools project as a separate
item. I don't particularly care where it is hosted, but I would like
it to be consumable in a fine-grained manner, and for it to
have it's own delivery lifecycle.

   --oh

Back to the top