Re: AW: AW: What is Riena about? (was AW: AW: [riena-dev] Ridgets)

Hi Christian,

Christian Campo wrote:
Hi Scott,

All Riena projects will sooner or later have a dependency on riena.core, because it contains a number of help classes that we use throughout Riena. The Markers are in riena.core and not in riena.ui.core for the moment because the navigation model projects that we have need to get access to the markers but we didnt want them to have a dependency on the UI classes because the NavigationTree and the NavigationProcessor is really an abstract concept and by itself UI independent.

Maybe we change that in the future but thats the way its now and I dont think these four classes do any harm to the riena.core package. Like I said all riena projects will have or will have a dependency on the riena.core project. No plans to have that any different.

But that's what I'm questioning Christian. WHY have a dependency on org.eclipse.riena.core if they are truly independent?

Alexander states it more clearly in message that was sent while I was sleeping.

Scott

Back to the top