Re: AW: [riena-dev] Ridgets

Scott,

Yes there are examples of using validations and conversions in riena.example.client and I believe there are also JUnit tests in riena.tests. However its quite early and we are currently have a discussion about how to implement validations and conversions (as you see in this other thread in riena-dev). So it might that a complete implementation will take some more time.

I am not sure that I am understanding the point of your questions about in general.

We decided to introduce Ridgets into Riena for a number of reasons that we already wrote about that we believe it supplies great value for enterprise smart client applications. Some of the concepts are already known in Eclipse like databinding (and we of course use them) and there are others like Marker support that we couldnt find any implementation in Eclipse.

Is your point that you see no value in Ridgets and wouldnt use it ?
Is your point that we shouldnt been allowed to have a concept like Ridgets ?

Maybe you can help me to understand what you dont like about Ridgets......

With easy access to databinding I meant nothing more than an easy access to the existing databinding that is used interenally. But thats not the only added value of Ridgets.

christian