Re: AW: What is Riena about? (was AW: AW: [riena-dev] Ridgets)

Hi Scott,

Just my personal opinion about your hints about existing
Projects.

I like e4 and I see a big chance for us all that e4 will bring
an easier or different way developing rcp applications. As long
as e4 has no results and a way it looks like and how this
would overlaps with Riena, Riena will follow the own way which
was proposed last year.

Like Elias very well explained, the Riena UI is also based internally on
existing Eclipse APIs and concepts e.g. Plattform UI, data binding,
UI-Toolkit, Workbench model, Views. But Riena provides another easier API
for people to develop rcp applications by providing a UI navigation model
and an abstraction API e.g. Ridgets. Currently I don't see any overlaps to
Platform UI. Riena provides additional functionality and of course an
another UI layout for more business oriented end users.

I understand JWT as a project which provides a workflow level
engine, programing model and tools. This isn't the concern of
Riena scope. The Riena processing model is UI centered by providing a UI
navigation model and UI near programming API.

Regards,
Alexander