Re: AW: [riena-dev] Ridgets

Hi Christian,

Christian Campo wrote:
<stuff deleted>
Because communication is your focus that is maybe what you see in Riena. However again if you look at the Riena proposal as it was submitted in october it is not solely a remoting infrastructure. Actually it contains remoting but that is only a small piece of it (and I dont think we ever communicated anything else).

Riena is also
- a process orientient UI (containing an alternate navigation and Ridgets for views)
- about using security in a distributed client server environment
- about Object Transaction to support Persistence
- about for Reporting in a distributed environment
- about support for software update for Riena Clients

So I hope we dont get poked for anything that is not Remote Services in Riena :-).

I don't mean to argue with you Christian, but except for the first item (a process oriented...), all of the other items you listed have to do with remoting (..'distributed client/server env', 'object transaction', '...in a distributed env', 'and sw update for Riena Clients'). So the first one still seems perhaps a little out of place to me...but let me try to understand what Ridgets actually are first :).

I hope you don't consider this 'poking'...but rather just a friendly observation from a co project lead: I tend to prefer fairly narrow project scopes, because I think it shows a certain realism about how much can really be successfully addressed by a small/new project...especially given the EF's/Platform's 'show me the code' ethic. That is, if the scope gets too large it can become impossible to fully address all identified areas, and other people know this.

Scott

Back to the top