Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] More on XSL Graduation ...

I think it's still a reasonable enough fit into Source Editing, as there
are other components that also go beyond just editing source files,  It's
largely a decision for the XSL committers to decide upon, though, whether
you feel the organizational overhead is worth the effort compared to
working under my tyrannical leadership.  That the Faceted Project
Framework and XML Editors are installable on their own from the Update
Site shows that the project organization doesn't have to dictate the
deliverable units of function.

Regards,
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing
IBM Rational

David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-incubator-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
02/24/2009 04:14 PM
Please respond to
WTP Incubator Dev list <wtp-incubator-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx" <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>,
WTP Incubator Dev list <wtp-incubator-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Anne Jacko <emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject

Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:

> Thanks for the info, Anne!
>
> Ok, so it looks like there is not a substantial time difference to
> graduate XSL Tools as a separate project vs being merged into the
> Source Editing project. At this point, it’s up to committers on the
> XSL Tools and the Source Editing projects to decide which way to
proceed.

Well, my personal preference would be a separate project. Main reason is
that it covers much more than just source editing. There are debuggers,
processors, validation, and editing. Editing is a good portion of it,
but to me it fits better as it's own project. In this aspect it would
behave like the Dali project.

Just my two cents and thoughts.

Dave