Re: [riena-dev] Riena UI

Christian Campo schrieb:
Hi Ekke,

of course we sorry that the new concept does with your ideas of the layout of the application but I understand your decision.
:-)

for many use-cases your UI will fit perfectly and its reallly great,
that there's an alternate way to classical RCP
We will continue to work on make pieces of Riena available to people like you who dont buy in the whole concept but rather only like to use pieces of it.

great !

If you decide to use regular RCP then you certainly can also create normal views and edit them with SWTDesigner.
perhaps I should only use widgets where ridgets exist ?
All you need is a functionality to easily create a set of ridgets for a set of widgets.
yes
I will discuss that tonight and keep you posted....
fine
We will supply such a functionality.
I'm looking forward ;-)
It would probably make sense to seperate view and controller but it shouldnt be mandatory for using ridgets. In your concept you are free to already start using SWTDesigner and create your views. The ridget stuff can be added later.

good to know
As I said I keep you posted on how you will be able to create ridgets from widgets. That functionality for RCP does not yet exist.
hopefully its not too hard to implement for you

but I think it'll open Riena for more developers :-)

thanks for all

ekke

Back to the top