Re: [riena-dev] Riena UI

Hi Ekkehard,

the short answer is:
- yes we only implement a toolbar on the top, the view is something drawn by the View class. normally we dont have a toolbar there and we think its confusing if it has one. If you have a different opinion on this (why not), not might also build your own view and add a toolbar inside there.

- I am not sure why you would like to drag from the navigation to the Workarea (view on the right). maybe you can explain what you wonna do. if you are talking about shift the navigation to the right side, that is currently not a planned feature. but I dont think that is what you were asking for.

- we are also not planning on having a fullsize view again because the navigation should always be visible. you can resize the whole application and by this make you view area larger

- we are right now make the use of Riena more understandable and easy to use. I can explain that in a little bit detail in a mail tomorrow. One goal is to use Tools like SWT Designer to layout Riena views. (I did a little research on that in the last week).
- the other part is allowing people to use Riena features like ridgets and all their APIs without "buying" into the whole Riena concept. So you should be able to just have one widget wrapped by a ridget in a regular RCP application and then maybe create a whole view and use ridgets for them but still within RCP.

this is coming, however not finished.

more on that tomorrow. if you have more questions, please let me know

christian campo