Re: AW: [riena-dev] Riena New & Noteworthy?

Christian Campo schrieb:
hi ekke,

have you tried generating a riena client using the wizard...?
that should help with the really simplest possible riena client......

yes, that works
and then riena example is more a playground that contains anything that already works......A News and noteworthy for M3 would be great but we dont really have a detailed one. More over a lot of the concepts and some code was transformed from a codebase that we had previous to Riena. Try the wizard generated samples, they are really easy to understand.....

yes, I can see many things working - thats a great help

but it would also be good to know your concepts and visions of a Riena client server application:

which parts are you using at the client and which at the server, ....

your validation concept: field validation with markers is great, I see it,
what about validation submitting a view using rules from the whole business-use-case not only single fields,

structures of your UI: what about toolbars, menus, Statusbars etc -
which parts are you using and which not
I think there's only one main toolbar and one menu as I remember from your eclipsecon
presentation -

these basic concepts of a Riena application structure and UI design is very important -
otherwise I'm doing wrong decisions
how should I know if you dont support something or if its still in progress ?

I know its incubation and M3, but on the other side I think its important that others also use Riena from start...

hmmmm I understand your problem, documentation is on our todo list....lets see if can make it any better in the near future.....

would be great

ekke

--

ekkehard gentz