Re: [riena-dev] Riena UI

Hi Ekke,

of course we sorry that the new concept does with your ideas of the layout of the application but I understand your decision. We will continue to work on make pieces of Riena available to people like you who dont buy in the whole concept but rather only like to use pieces of it.

If you decide to use regular RCP then you certainly can also create normal views and edit them with SWTDesigner. All you need is a functionality to easily create a set of ridgets for a set of widgets. I will discuss that tonight and keep you posted....We will supply such a functionality. It would probably make sense to seperate view and controller but it shouldnt be mandatory for using ridgets. In your concept you are free to already start using SWTDesigner and create your views. The ridget stuff can be added later.

As I said I keep you posted on how you will be able to create ridgets from widgets. That functionality for RCP does not yet exist.

christian