Re: [orbit-dev] Multiple bundle recipes for httpclient-* vs. a single one for httpclient-osgi?

Hi Gunnar,

> I might have been wrong about your preferred target solution.
>
> Just to confirm, your aim is to:
>
> - update the existing org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient bundle
> with https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.httpcomponents/httpclient-osgi/4.5.2
> - update the exiting org.apache.httpcomponents.httpccore
> with https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.httpcomponents/httpcore-osgi/4.4.5?

Yes. Given that the upstream project already provides OSGi bundles, we
should attempt to recycle as much as possible and only adapt
Bundle-Vendor and legal files.

> OR: - don't touch org.apache.httpcomponents.httpccore?

I would update org.apache.httpcomponents.httpccore to httpcore-osgi, to
be in-sync with the upstream project, but would certainly diff
httpcore-osgi's MANIFEST with what's currently in Orbit, to ensure that
there is no subtle difference I wasn't aware of.

Hope that explains it.

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH