Re: [orbit-dev] Multiple bundle recipes for httpclient-* vs. a single one for httpclient-osgi?

> I wrote on orbit-dev [1]:
> > Let's hear what Roland has to say about this, as he initially went
> > down the "thin" bundle road.
>
> but it seems like the subject I used didn't pique your interest. :-(

Hey Andreas,

I've had it on my list to respond to this but got delayed with some
other things (a few new bundle requests, and some other Orbit tasks).
I'm sorry for the delay on this.

> It would be great, however, if you could join the discussion as the
> Oxygen CQ deadline is approaching and the Automated Error Reporting
> depends on parts of HttpClient currently not in Orbit. Would be a shame
> (and a potential cause of wiring issues) if we had to ship two versions
> of HttpClient with the Oxygen EPP packages...

So this comes down to basically whether we bring 2 extra bundles
(httpclient-cache, httpcomponents-fluent), or whether we simply refer to
the httpclient-osgi (containing both) one in maven central and switch our
existing orbit-recipes generated bundle to use that GAV.

I can clearly see that maven central does contain finer grained and
aggregated dependencies for this stack so my argument about the finer
grained approach being more popular isn't right.

I suppose we need to file a separate CQ for httpclient-osgi since it
may container additional things on top of just httpclient-cache, and
httpclient-fluent ? Feel free to do so and when it's approved we can
just change the GAV being pulled in by orbit-recipes, and address the
osgi.bnd file with any changes. This will be targeted for M6 which
will be the last chance to make such changes.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top