Re: [orbit-dev] Multiple bundle recipes for httpclient-* vs. a single one for httpclient-osgi?

Thanks Scott!

On 25 Jan 2017, at 23:11, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, do you forcefully include the 3rd party Orbit bundles in your main feature, which is part of Oxygen or do you provide a feature that allows p2 auto-resolving of the correct version?

The latter.   Here's the feature: http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/tree/releng/features/org.eclipse.ecf.filetransfer.httpclient4.feature/feature.xml.   This is the primary feature of ~4 features that the platform consumes.

[1]   http://git.eclipse.org/c/ecf/org.eclipse.ecf.git/tree/providers/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient4/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Andreas, can you have a look at this feature? I'm afraid there are many more in the train including 3rd party bundles by there bsn. Thus, we'll likely end up with many different versions.

I can imagine the following plan:

1) provide a new bundle as you currently plan to do
2) provide "fake" bundles with the old BSN that:
  * depend on the new bundle (require bundle dependency)
  * do not export any packages

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht