Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] First shot at impact analyzer doc

Hi Axel

Yes when I scanned UML Super 2.3 I found the lollipop for an interface, but it clearly shows a rectangle too.

7.3.24 Notation

As a classifier, an interface may be shown using a rectangle symbol with the keyword «interface» preceding the name.

The interface realization dependency from a classifier to an interface is shown by representing the interface by a circle or
ball, labeled with the name of the interface, attached by a solid line to the classifier that realizes this interface (see Figure
7.55).

The usage dependency from a classifier to an interface is shown by representing the interface by a half-circle or socket,
labeled with the name of the interface, attached by a solid line to the classifier that requires this interface (see Figure
7.56).

In all cases, there should be a surrounding rectangle for the name (and compartments). Your diagrams omit this which is why I'm so confused.

IMHO the ball and socket notation can be useful when showing components plugging together. The <<interface>> notation is helpful when adding detail to a class diagram, which is I think what you are trying to draw.

    Regards

        Ed