Re: [mdt-ocl.dev] First shot at impact analyzer doc

Hi Ed,

thanks for reviewing this.

I think it would be much easier to understand with the aid of some
Object Diagrams. These would show the relative cardinalities and so
might enable me to understand how many of what I need for a suite of OCL
expressions. It was very unclear to what extent I need multiple event
managers. Perhaps you could consider three scenarios: minimal single
expression impact, multiple expression impact, and only then move on to
the flexible/confusing variation in impact assessment.

Separating by scenarios sounds like a good idea. I'll try to work that in.

I could not understnad the EMF edior integration at all. This clearly
needs at least a screen shot and possibly some Object Diagrams too.

Screen shot of an editor or screen shot of the code showing how to implement the integration?

What is the problem with derived properties? Isn't this an easier to fix
than document problem?

Not so easy. Take a look at how the impact analyzer traced back OperationCallExp expressions. Like for those, PropertyCallExp in conjunction with OCL-defined properties can incur recursions. Tracking the recursion stack during impact analysis according to our understanding and the way the code is currently structured will have to be specific to either OperationCallExp or PropertyCallExp. Documenting the issue took about two minutes. I have a student working on a clean solution to the problem since a few weeks...

Best,
-- Axel

Thanks for starting on this.

Regards