Re: [higgins-dev] Change to IDigitalSubject

It sounds fine to me.

Tom

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/19/2006 5:26 PM >>>
For all you context provider writers out there, I forgot to tell you
that as part of the creation of the more generic IEntity, the method
name changed (was IDigitalSubject.getUniqueID, is now
IEntity.getName).
In terms of its use on IDigitalSubject, it's still the Contextually
Unique Identifier. I suppose that's true for its use on IResource as
well.  Hmm, maybe I should have left the name alone...  Opinions?

Jim

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/19/06 4:12 PM >>>
I Added BasicResource (a basic impl of IResource) and the following
changes to support that:
Added IEntity (now a supertype for IDigitalSubject and IResource)
Added BasicEntity (superclass for BasicResource)
Added BasicMetadataSet (impl of IHasMetadata, now used by
BasicResource
and BasicAttribute)

Jim

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/15/06 5:36 PM >>>
Anyone feeling like adding javadoc and junit tests for this stuff is
most welcome! Otherwise, I see myself doing that and working on a
basic
impl of IResource next week.

Jim

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/15/06 5:29 PM >>>
I've added basic impl's for the remaining literals.

Updated Javadoc at
http://forgeftp.novell.com//bandit/HigginsIDASJavadoc/ and sent to
Mary.

I also made the package change I was talking about earlier (no one
voiced any concerns). I added package-specific javadoc pages since we
now have two.

Jim

Back to the top