[higgins-dev] Change to IDigitalSubject

For all you context provider writers out there, I forgot to tell you that as part of the creation of the more generic IEntity, the method name changed (was IDigitalSubject.getUniqueID, is now IEntity.getName). In terms of its use on IDigitalSubject, it's still the Contextually Unique Identifier. I suppose that's true for its use on IResource as well.  Hmm, maybe I should have left the name alone...  Opinions?

Jim

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/19/06 4:12 PM >>>
I Added BasicResource (a basic impl of IResource) and the following changes to support that:
Added IEntity (now a supertype for IDigitalSubject and IResource)
Added BasicEntity (superclass for BasicResource)
Added BasicMetadataSet (impl of IHasMetadata, now used by BasicResource and BasicAttribute)

Jim

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/15/06 5:36 PM >>>
Anyone feeling like adding javadoc and junit tests for this stuff is most welcome! Otherwise, I see myself doing that and working on a basic impl of IResource next week.

Jim

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/15/06 5:29 PM >>>
I've added basic impl's for the remaining literals.

Updated Javadoc at  http://forgeftp.novell.com//bandit/HigginsIDASJavadoc/ and sent to Mary.

I also made the package change I was talking about earlier (no one voiced any concerns). I added package-specific javadoc pages since we now have two.

Jim

Back to the top