[higgins-dev] First stab at property value model

For reference (until the official Javadoc is updated), see http://forgeftp.novell.com//bandit/HigginsIDASJavadoc/.

IProperty now uses IPropertyValue as the class which holds the property's value.

IPropertyValue will always be either an ILiteral or IResource.

An IResource will subsequently hold a set of properties (IAttributes actually -- so each can have it's own metadata if needed). We probably need to add other APIs to IResource (like it's URI, and maybe it needs it's own metadata as well, dunno yet).

An ILiteral will be able to return its value as Lexical (String), Canonical (String), or underlying data (Object). The type of object can be discovered using reflection or via the (incomplete) table at http://forgeftp.novell.com//bandit/HigginsIDASJavadoc/org/eclipse/higgins/idas/ILiteral.html#getData(). I think we probably need more APIs here (like getLiteralType()) as well.

I'll move on to completing that table, and then writing basic implementations for each simple datatype.

At this point, due to my neophytic understanding of OWL, I've left out something obvious, or just plain gotten this all wrong. Let me know sooner than later what that is :).

Jim

Back to the top