Re: AW: [e4-dev] Why XML UI is important for us

All,

There are a lot of information here, and I am really excited to discuss with you @ ESE. Let me just add one last comment. I have red a lot of things  about the requirement to learn EMF and its complexity. But as far as I know, the Workbench is a live EMF-model isn't it ? And as extension provider we do not need to learn all the specificities of EMF to extend the workbench.

After all, I think that one key point of E4 is the ability to plug any technologies you want as UI: _javascript_, SWT, UFaceKit, XWT, Wazaabi and any other UI provider. Each of them, supporting different concepts and approach and I really  believe that having such flexibility would be key a differentiator for Eclipse and RCP.

Best regards and see you @ ESE,

Sabri.