Re: [e4-dev] how to contribute to toolkit model ?

>> You mean if the representation is "live", so you can change the GUI by
>> changing the representation, like you can with HTML+DOM+Javascript? I
>> thought that was a requirement?
> It doesn't look like it. Can someone confirm/deny this? If XWT uses
> reflection how does this affect tool support?

XWT handles the static aspect and leaves the dynamic aspect to Java.
During the runtime, the XML representation is used only for create the
initial view. Java takes care of dynamic aspect by calling SWT/Jface. It
is always "live".

In tooling, we use a different concept. You can look at XWT editopr. We
don't modify the SWT Widget directly. All modifications pass thru only XML
resource.

yves

Back to the top