Re: [e4-dev] how to contribute to toolkit model ?

Erdal Karaca wrote:

IMHO, there should be as many (declarative) ui frameworks as needed,
as long as there is a uniform way of using them in the target
platform...

I think I understand what you mean: If there is a standard way of
the languages that we support. I.e. some extension point for pluging in
a new language and rendering engine, and a service for finding a
suitable for a particular resource/content type.

This reminds me of the Java standard for using Java-based scripting
language. Lots of scripting languages could be integrated into an
application by standard means. There was a snag though: If you often
couldn't access important engine objects at a fine enough granularity,
like scopes. But in general, being able to plug in new languages and
rendering engines could be a good thing.

Hallvard

Back to the top