Re: [e4-dev] how to contribute to toolkit model ?

Yves,

XWT has a package of metamodel service. In most of the case, the model UI
comes directly from SWT via reflection. But in some case, we need to
complete/enhance it since SWT is not model-base. And user can define their
own metaclass.

OK. Is this a model of the mapping from XML tags and attributes to calls to the SWT API? Do you have an example of such a model?

> Mainly, if the home-made widget respects Java Bean specification.
> There is nothing to do.

That's because reflection is used, right?

> Otherwise, you need to create the metaclass and register in
> XWT: XWT.registerMetaclass(IMetaclass).

I could look it up in the code, but perhaps you could explain what information the IMetaclass includes?

Hallvard

Back to the top