RE: [technology-pmc] Do we really need the SOC project?

> Oooh, that hurts Mike. Can you cut the newbie some slack? :)

Gosh sorry...that was a really bad choice of words on my part. I did not
mean it the way it sounded.

> At least as far as the "Research Stream" is concerned, I am not sure
> that these projects are sufficiently different from the "Incubator
> Stream" projects to justify a different label. In my view they are just
> incubators that are less likely to make it.

It is a matter of perspective. I know from talking to Brian Barry, the
original Technology PMC leader, his concept was that Research projects could
be very long lived and perpetually immature. If the thinking now is that all
incubators need to grow up and move somewhere, then I think that is
different than the original intent.

At one point there was a conversation about creating a separate Research
PMC. I am not sure if the overhead would be worth it though.

> I am less clear on the "Education Stream". Do we have an example of
> such a project right now?

That was specifically put there for the ECESIS project, which has since been
archived. However, there is a new proposal in the pipe for a learning
project. We will see how that goes.

Back to the top