Re: [technology-pmc] Do we really need the SOC project?

Wayne Beaton schrieb:
> Thoughts, ideas, concerns? Am I missing something important?

If we go down that path then we really should rename Technology to
Sandbox or Incubator. Otherwise it just gets confusing.

I think it's important to have something like an explicit sandbox or an
incubator. The name "Technology" is misleading to people.

If the problem really is getting initial committers for a sub-project
then the development process should be revised. The last update already
made components to sub-projects. It is already possible to create new
projects with new initial committers. Maybe this should also be possible
for sub-projects.

We already have incubators for a lot projects. A possibility would be to
grant incubators an exclusive option which would allow to create
sub-project in an incubator project with new initial committers.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx