Re: [technology-pmc] Nexus project

ECF has already moved to RT.

Wayne

Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
I read through the proposal and I have a few comments/questions.

The Nexus Project is a proposed open source project under the Eclipse Technology Project. One aspect of Nexus can be thought of as "Orbit for in-house components".

What are the other aspects? If Nexus is a home for small
projects/components developed in other projects, then this should be the
main aspect. Maybe it should be co-located with Orbit?

It's not clear what ECF's contribution will be. I thought that ECF will
move to RT. But based on the proposal it looks like ECF will move with
all it's major components to Nexus.

I have no strong opinion on the name. Nexus is ok. But if it's goal
really is something like Apache Commons than "Commons" would be a better
fit.

-Gunnar