Re: [stp-dev] SVN problems

Hi,

After you've done a disconnect you could share your project with "Share Project Wizard" this is the way i manage the
im stuff from our internal scn to eclipse stp svn:

1) Disconnect ( delete svn information )
2) Share Project
3) Follow the wizard

BTW Antony, i don't understand why you need to disconnect your project once you've checked out??? Once you've the version in the repository you could put your modification on this version and then synchronize.

But if you've just disconnected best way to do what you want to achieve is:

1) Keep in a separate folder your code
2) Chekcout project from eclipse svn, and overwrite your modification ( you just saved in other folder in point 1 )
3) Apply to the version you check out from svbn, your modification
4) Check in your modification

Just my 2cents.

Andrea Zoppello

Oisin Hurley ha scritto:
Hi Antony,
Thanks for the instructions - it makes things much clearer.

Try checking out B2J core. Then right-click and select Team-Disconnect. Now imagine you have changes in that project that need to be committed. You can't checkout the project from SVN because your changes will be overwritten and (as far as I can tell) you can't re-share the project with the STP SVN repository to do a synchronize.

Once I request a Team->Disconnect, it asks me do I want to
delete all the SVN metadata. When I say yes, it tells me
that I will not be able to reconnect the project - that
I will either have to share it to a new location or delete
the project and check it out again (screenshot attached).

Once the SVN metadata is gone, then there's no way for SVN
to automate getting the changes in, alas :(

I did a bit of further investigation and I think there is
a way to speed things up a bit. There is still some human
involvement required. If you change the name of the project
that was disconnected, then check out the project from
the repo again. Next, select the two projects, right click
and select Compare With -> Each Other -- this compares the
projects structurally, and from that you can then drill
down to the standard file comparison viewer. That viewer
provides the means to manually move changes from file to
file. So the process is basically iterate through the files
that the compare editor has indicated as different, and
manually move the changes from the file that is in the
project that was disconnected, to the file that is in the
project that was checked out. Then you can do a commit on
the new checked out project to get the changes in. It's
not perfect, but it will help bring in the changes that
have been made.

 cheers
   --oh

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

*Andrea Zoppello*
<www.spagoworld.org>

Spagic Architect

Architect
Research & Innovation Division
*Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
*
Corso Stati Uniti, 23/C - 35127 Padova - Italy
Phone:  +39-049.8692511    Fax:+39-049.8692566

*www.eng.it                    www.spagoworld.org*

Back to the top