Re: [stp-dev] SVN problems

I have a copy of the B2J plugin in my workspace and it has some changes so I don't want to just overwrite it with the copy in SVN. Instead I want to synchronize it with the one in SVN and then commit the files which are changed as a bugfix.

Ok! Here's how I do that. Assume project checked out, bugs fixed,
refactors effected etc. You have an updated project in your workspace.

First up, you want to check that no-one has put in other changes - you
want to synchronize. To do this I

  - select all the projects that I have checked out
  - right-click -> Team -> Synch With Repository

that switches over to the Team Synchronizing perspective, where I get
a list of all the projects that have changes on the left pane, and
theres a summary of how many changes in, out and conflicts.

I use the filters with the blue/grey arrows in the synchronize view
to select just the incoming changes, then right-click on the projects
with incoming changes and select Update.

Then I filter on the outgoing changes, select the projects, right-click
and select Commit.

If there are conflicts then you get to play with the compare editor
to resolve them, then do your commit :)

I can do this no problem with CVS but when I share the project in SVN I get the previous error screen.

I'm doing Right-click on project -> Team-> Share

Ah - I think that what's happening here is that the 'Share' function
is trying to make a new subversion layout. So synchronize and update
and commit is what you should do instead.

Maybe try it out this other way and see what happens? BTW I am using
Subversive here, but there should be only slight differences as the
Team apis are being used. Let me know how you get on!

BTW -- there is an #eclipse-stp IRC channel on the irc.freenode.net
server on port 6667 -- it's a useful place for asking questions or
running through scenarios like this (well it will be, if people start
going there :)

 best regards
   Oisin

Registered Number: 171387