[stp-dev] SVN problems

Hi Everyone,

Since we (STP) moved to SVN I had a very hard time getting set up on Windows and I am still not satisfactorily set up as plink.exe comes up every time I do anything and the whole thing is really rather slow.

I have been making do though but today my colleague Neil tells me that he is just using an anonymous SVN client and the only way he can synchronise is if he completely deletes the B2J plugin and checks it out again from scratch.

I had fairly similar issues when we moved to SVN in that I could not simply share my plugin folder with the one in SVN and instead I had to check it out from SVN from scratch.

Are these problems that only we are having or are these general issues with SVN (possibly Windows/SVN)?

I have to say that so far I haven't seen any benefit of using SVN over CVS and instead I can see a whole load of areas where it is far poorer.

cheers

Antony

Back to the top