Re: [stp-dev] SVN problems

If I have a project that used to be linked to SVN with tigris and I have disconnected it from that repository to switch to subversive. Now I need to link *the existing project in my workspace* (using subversive) with the SVN repository *without first checking out the project from SVN and overwriting changes*. There seems to be no way I can do that.

I'm not 100% sure by what you mean when you say 'disconnected' from
repository. Regardless of if you are using tigris or subversive, the
URL of the repository is the same, so it should be the case that both
approaches work.

SVN works on the URL of the repository - so you should be able to
right-click on the project, use Team->Synchronize to bring up the
Team Synch perspective, then use the synchronization view to sort
things out.

When we were using CVS I could take any project (e.g. one not linked to any repository) and share it with a CVS repository. Now I am forced to check out a clean project from SVN and manually copy over changed files into the clean project.

I know this is frustrating for you - try the Team->Synchronize
approach and see where it gets you and let us know.

 cheers
  --oh

Registered Number: 171387