Re: [rt-pmc] Gemini subproject situation

ok but at the sametime your are discontinuing its support. At least thats what I read from your email. I am not sure I understand yet how that fits together.

As I understand your mail you dont plan any further releases whatsoever. Now doing a release sends a strong message as you are saying yourself, and I agree. Now if you dont mean what you are saying, I think you should be extra careful......

Am 18.01.2012 um 15:36 schrieb michael keith:

> The difference between a release and a milestone is much greater than
> the simple name on a JAR (the JAR naming is an topic that I am not even
> going to touch right now). The Eclipse community takes great pride in
> the super sekrit powers endowed to a JAR during the release process, and
> we want people to view it as something that has undergone a well-defined
> and rigorous set of steps. It is not meant to be taken or received lightly!
>
> On 18/01/2012 9:18 AM, Jesse McConnell wrote:
>> o.O
>>
>> what exactly does anyone gain from having something named
>> 0.9.0.v201201180815 over 1.0.0.M1
>>
>> is there some super sekrit special powers granted on osgi land?  its a
>> jar file...I don't see the distinction of M1 vs v201201180815 for
>> anything other then political reasons, if the M1 just needs signed
>> then make an M2 and sign it...we run our M and RC releases through the
>> signing process for our p2 repos
>>
>> anyway, probably safe to ignore my thoughts and go with what tom says
>> then, he is the master in these things :)
>>
>> cheers,
>> jesse
>>
>> --
>> jesse mcconnell
>> jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 08:04, michael keith<michael.keith@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>> That very important differentiation is exactly the issue :-)

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 0
fax: +49 (0) 69 / 27 22 18 22
web: http://www.compeople.de/

Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
USt-IdNr. DE207665352