Re: [ormf-dev] Jaxen woes

Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:

Now the question is whether we want to take the short quick and dirty path or go for the long term solution. I really prefer to have that conversation with the framework that there is actually a choice so your investigations are of great value at least to me :-)

Since we are in the state of team building and don't have much experience in doing major refactoring in this scenario I'd vote for the "quick and dirty" approach, so make it a

+1 for replacing Jaxen in dom4j

I was really hoping that more conversation would have been spawned by my prior threads around architecture and resources/skills. So I guess I will prod one last time to see if anyone would like to add anything to either of the these threads. If not I will open a new thread to discuss the direction forward early next week.

In my opinion the Excel sheet listing the different skills and tasks was enough to see where everybody should focus her/his work.

For the time being I'd prefer that we start doing minor tasks until a "real team" is established. I'd like to see some initial version in the SVN repository. We should start making this version work (by replacing invalid parts and fixing bugs). This should train the team using distributed development tools and methods and to know each others strength and weaknesses.

It would be great to meet at some time in the near future and go into an in depth discussion on how ORMF should proceed. I think the Summit would be a good opportunity. Who would be able to be there (besides Joel and me)?

Until then we'll have enough work by eclipsifying Useme. If there are decisions to be made earlier I thrust our Project Leads to do the right thing :-)

So B. and Joel, start giving out tasks!

Achim

--
BREDEX GmbH
Mauernstr. 33

Tel.: +49-531-24330-0
Fax:  +49-531-24330-99
http: www.bredex.de

Geschäftsführer: Hans-J. Brede, Achim Lörke, Ulrich Obst
Amtsgericht Braunschweig HRB 2450
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Achim L=C3=B6rke
n;quoted-printable:L=C3=B6rke;Achim
org:Bredex GmbH
adr;quoted-printable:;;Mauernstra=C3=9Fe 33;Braunschweig;;38100;Germany
email;internet:Achim.Loerke@xxxxxxxxx
tel;work:+49 (531) 24330-0
tel;fax:+49 (531) 24330-99
x-mozilla-html:TRUE