Re: [ormf-dev] Jaxen woes

Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
Thanks for your comments Wolfgang. I want to give everyone a chance to comment and discuss before reaching conclusions.

There was a very specific request made that has not been addressed and I do not want it to get lost in an architectural discussion.
    Who is willing to take on estimating the effort to do this for dom4j?

Having a feeling for this will impact our decision, so it is time for the hearty to step forward. Any takers?

I'm willing to look into the code and come up with a proposal on how to migrate (and how long it might take) if we have a few weeks time for this (i.e. it will be done end of August earliest). I think it is a good way to get into the code by planing a refactoring. I assume that Barbara and Joel are available for some kickstart help.

I would look into an "easy migration" first and then try to estimate the cost for a switch to EMF (which I would prefer). I'm not really fluent using EMF so this part would be a "high risk" approach. If someone with a more in depth knowledge of EMF would take this part (or review my findings) things would be a lot easier.

Achim

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Achim L=C3=B6rke
n;quoted-printable:L=C3=B6rke;Achim
org:Bredex GmbH
adr;quoted-printable:;;Mauernstra=C3=9Fe 33;Braunschweig;;38100;Germany
email;internet:Achim.Loerke@xxxxxxxxx
tel;work:+49 (531) 24330-0
tel;fax:+49 (531) 24330-99
x-mozilla-html:TRUE