Re: [mylar-dev] working bootstrapped

I had another go at it. This should hopefully clarify things.

To run Mylar in bootstrapped mode you'll have to follow these steps:

Assuming you have Mylar checked out from CVS into your primary
workspace e.g., folder DevelWorkspace where you do your coding.

Create a 2nd workspace, the BootstrapWorkspace.
Checkout Mylar from CVS into the BootstrapWorkspace. This will allow
you to use/run the Mylar version from CVS. In the BootstrapWorkspace
create a launch configuration and point it to your primary workspace,
the DevelWorkspace.  Launching the configuration will result in a
second instance of Eclipse running which has the Mylar plugins from
the BootstrapWorkspace installed. Use this instance to code on the
files in your DevelWorkspace.

On 10/10/06, Nathan Hapke <nhapke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ducky Sherwood wrote:
> Also, the wiki doesn't say what the process for getting commit rights
> is.  Is there a process?

There is, it's the same as all other Eclipse projects.  For full gory
details see:
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/Eclipse_Standard_TopLevel_Charter_v1.0.php

>     By "check out Mylar into [workspaceB]", you mean "download from CVS"?

Yes, I've tweaked the wording a bit. Sound better?

>     And on the wiki, it never says anything about installing or
>     downloading Mylar into Workspace A.   Is workspace A completely clean?

It does:

* Working in bootstrap mode means you have the source code checked out
at least twice, once to bootstrap Mylar, and once to actually develop.

Does that need to be clearer?

Nathan