Re: [mylar-dev] working bootstrapped

On 10/9/06, Nathan Hapke <nhapke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It sounds to me like you're trying to bootstrap into the same workspace
that you're currently running eclipse in.

yep, that's what I was trying to do. That's what I understand to be
the advice in the wiki on
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Contributor_Reference#Working_bootstrapped
Can somebody please update the wiki to reflect current practice?

should it be something like:

* Run eclipse with current workspace = workspace1.
* check out Mylar into workspace1 (these files will be used to run Mylar)

* switch workspace doing File->Switch Workspace, choose workspace2
* check out Mylar into workspace2 (these files will be used to change Mylar)
* go to Run->Run  create new Eclipse Application configuration, call
it e.g. "Mylar-bootstrapped" , point the Workspace Data Location to
workspace1 and run Mylar-bootstrapped.

There are two sets of mylar checked out. The one in workspace1 is used
to run Mylar, whereas the one in workspace2 is used to change Mylar,
develop Mylar.

Please correct me if I am wrong, haven't tried it out yet.

Raphael

Back to the top