Re: [linuxtools-dev] Oprofile plugins run opreport too many times?

On 05/25/2011 05:30 AM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
Hi,

* Vladimir Prus<vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  [2011-05-25 04:55]:
On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 23:14:37 Andrew Overholt wrote:
Many of the previous committers in
this area have moved on to other things and as a project we'd love some
involvement from others here.  Your contributions are most welcome.

I am actually confused about the profiling data visualization story
inside LinuxTools. It seems that gprof and oprofile use different veiwers,
for no good purpose. Was it considered to have a common profiling data
viewer which is fed appropriate model, or maybe even files in some
agreed-upon format?

It's a goal of Linux Tools to unify the viewers.  We just haven't had
time to do it yet.

I'm curious, have you modify opreport in some way to do remote
collection or do you do things at the Eclipse level?

We do things at Eclipse level. It's premature to say we're really
done, but yes, opreport is run remotely.

Cool!  If it's going to be open source, even more cool :)

This is very interesting to us too! We need to be able to run oprofile, valgrind, and perf (eventually) remotely.

- Corey

Back to the top