[linuxtools-dev] Oprofile plugins run opreport too many times?

Hi,

I was playing with oprofile plugins, and for all I can tell, opreport
is run several times:

	- as 'opreport -X --details', to get a list of events
    - as 'opreport -X --details event:whatever', for each event type

However, the output of the first command appear to contain profiling
data for all event types, and therefore running the opareport once
per each event type seems unnecessary. It becomes especially bad idea
when opreport is run remotely, as is the case for us.

Does anybody know whether the current behaviour has some motivation,
or it's purely historic?

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
+7 (812) 677-68-40