Re: [linuxtools-dev] Oprofile plugins run opreport too many times?

Hi,

* Vladimir Prus <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2011-05-25 04:55]:
> On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 23:14:37 Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > Many of the previous committers in
> > this area have moved on to other things and as a project we'd love some
> > involvement from others here.  Your contributions are most welcome.
>
> I am actually confused about the profiling data visualization story
> inside LinuxTools. It seems that gprof and oprofile use different veiwers,
> for no good purpose. Was it considered to have a common profiling data
> viewer which is fed appropriate model, or maybe even files in some
> agreed-upon format?

It's a goal of Linux Tools to unify the viewers.  We just haven't had
time to do it yet.

> > I'm curious, have you modify opreport in some way to do remote
> > collection or do you do things at the Eclipse level?
>
> We do things at Eclipse level. It's premature to say we're really
> done, but yes, opreport is run remotely.

Cool!  If it's going to be open source, even more cool :)

Andrew

Back to the top