Re: [linuxtools-dev] Oprofile plugins run opreport too many times?

On Tuesday, May 24, 2011 23:14:37 Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Vladimir Prus <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2011-05-24 15:04]:
> > Does anybody know whether the current behaviour has some motivation,
> > or it's purely historic?
>
> It could easily be purely historic.  I'm not intimately familiar with
> the code so I can't say for sure.

Okay, I'll then assume this is historic.

> Many of the previous committers in
> this area have moved on to other things and as a project we'd love some
> involvement from others here.  Your contributions are most welcome.

I am actually confused about the profiling data visualization story
inside LinuxTools. It seems that gprof and oprofile use different veiwers,
for no good purpose. Was it considered to have a common profiling data
viewer which is fed appropriate model, or maybe even files in some
agreed-upon format?

> I'm curious, have you modify opreport in some way to do remote
> collection or do you do things at the Eclipse level?

We do things at Eclipse level. It's premature to say we're really
done, but yes, opreport is run remotely.

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics