Re: [linux-distros-dev] Sucessful Creation Review!

Hi Karl,

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 15:41 +0100, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
<snip>
> However, many of these things will be easily reusable by other FLOSS
> systems as well, such as the *BSD family. I think about the tools like
> the ChangeLog editor in particular.

Yeah, I agree. You could even use the ChangeLog plugin on Windows. IIRC
there are extension points to define your own style of ChangeLog. Can
you think of a good package namespace for the ChangeLog plugin. Offhand
I can't think of anything.

> Unless our org.eclipse.linux.tools.* extensions export extension points
> themselves, I suppose we can move them rather easily to a new namespace
> if they "graduate". (In particular, a ChangeLog editor would fit very
> well in a more general autotools package).

Interesting, I didn't really consider that the ChangeLog editor would
fit with an autotools plugin. If you're not aware Jeff Johnston is
working on such a plugin:

http://sourceware.org/eclipse/autotools/

I think the goal is to get that into the CDT but I'm not sure what the
plan is for languages besides C.

Ben

Back to the top