Re: [linux-distros-dev] Sucessful Creation Review!

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 11:18 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
<snip>
> Is "linux" too broad?  Perhaps linuxdistros?  linuxtools?  Anyone have
> any suggestions?

I think we need to separate out the two distinct tasks that this project
is trying to complete:

1) Packaging the Eclipse Platform and other Eclipse Plugins
   (eclipse.org and 3rd party)
2) Creating a suite of plugins to make Linux application development
   with Eclipse sweet ... errr, I mean easy :)

So how about we have two name spaces:

org.eclipse.linux.tools.*

and

org.eclipse.linux.packaging.*

This is just a suggestion - it might actually be a little long.
Thoughts?

> We also need to have a Bugzilla Product and list of Components.  I'm
> thinking:
>
>     LinuxDistros
>
> and
>
>     ChangeLog
>     OProfile
>     RPM
>     Scripts
>
> as an initial set.  Is that okay?

I think something like LinuxTools as the Bugzilla Product would be
better because LinuxDistros seems like everything in that product would
be tied to a Linux distribution. Also, could you add 'Packaging' or
'PackagingTools'? This would be used for code like the language pack
formatter that Kyu is working on.

Anyway, just some suggestions.

Ben

Back to the top