Re: [linux-distros-dev] Sucessful Creation Review!

Hey,

* Ben Konrath <bkonrath@xxxxxxxxxx> [2006-11-23 13:01]:

> On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 11:18 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> <snip>
> > Is "linux" too broad?  Perhaps linuxdistros?  linuxtools?  Anyone have
> > any suggestions?
>
> I think we need to separate out the two distinct tasks that this project
> is trying to complete:
>
> 1) Packaging the Eclipse Platform and other Eclipse Plugins
>    (eclipse.org and 3rd party)
> 2) Creating a suite of plugins to make Linux application development
>    with Eclipse sweet ... errr, I mean easy :)

Very good point.  This will help with the development planning as well.

> So how about we have two name spaces:
>
> org.eclipse.linux.tools.*
>
> and
>
> org.eclipse.linux.packaging.*
>
> This is just a suggestion - it might actually be a little long.

No, I like them.  Anyone object?

> I think something like LinuxTools as the Bugzilla Product would be
> better because LinuxDistros seems like everything in that product would
> be tied to a Linux distribution.

I'd like to keep a LinuxDistros component so that we have the possibility
of people re-categorizing bugs if they suspect distro-specific stuff.
Rather than just having us CCd on bugs they suspect are packaging issues :)

> Also, could you add 'Packaging' or
> 'PackagingTools'? This would be used for code like the language pack
> formatter that Kyu is working on.

Definitely.  So, unless someone objects, we'll go with this initially:

 LinuxTools
    PackagingTools
    ChangeLog
    OProfile