Re: [geclipse-user] Re: [calice-vo-users] g-Eclipse

Hello Lars, Andreas,

> > Btw: is there a chance to edit the central repository, so that other
> > users don't have to do that manually? The rest of the CALCICE VO is
> > entered, but this info is missing.
> You should enter the string ldap://grid-bdii.desy.de:2170 as
> "prefered core service" in the VO config.

the CIC portal did change the way they use to store/publish the "prefered core services", which is more or less what we needed for g-Eclipse to better handle the automatic BDII configuration and what Mathias had requested time ago.

So now i committed the required changes to HEAD.
If somebody would like to use that feature now i could rebuild a real release (1.0RC2a) with the needed change, or you give the nightly build a try (no warranties)

VO administrators with access to the CIC portal should go to the "Prefered Core Services Information" and add an entry of type "BDII" with the BDII hostname. (the port number can be 2170 or stay empty, the CIC portal doesn't currently propagate this value (bug) and g-Eclipse will take 2170 if empty).

Cheers, Ariel

Back to the top